Thursday, December 13, 2018

Ranking Assignments

1. Bolex Long Take
This was my favorite assignment because I loved my group and I loved the improve, but success we had shooting. Also, developing the film ourselves was an experience we have not had the opportunity to do in other classes so 10/10 LOVED this assignment.
2.  Film Manipulation
This project helped me understand the film medium SO much. I apply my knowledge from this class to History of Avante-Garde on a weekly basis. I also wish we would've been able to see our final product. I put so much time/attention in this to only see it blink past my eyes.
3. Video Letter
I liked the video letter because it gave me an introduction into the essay film. I tried using intertitles which is something I have never done before as well as using found footage from NYCB's archives. The audio carried a heavy tonal quality for me because I utilized a sound bite of my sister crying at my uncle's funeral. Every time I hear it, I break down a little bit inside. 
4. Rhythmic Edit
I really loved the rhythmic edit project, especially because I adore the way sound is highlighted in a manner to give a new appreciation to the sound. I really enjoyed this assignment because it allowed me to gather more of an understanding on editing a film frame by frame.
5. Creative Crowdsourcing
Overall, I genuinely liked this project except for the color restrictions. I was kind of procrastinating on this project because my perfectionism really kicked in when I was drawing my shapes, but once I got started coloring it became a really therapeutic project.
6. Earth Art Animation
This was probably my least favorite because it was limited to an earth theme. This was the only assignment I was not a fan of. I think I would have enjoyed this infinitely more if I could've made a stop-motion of something that was broader in content. I also felt like everyone's final product merged together because they were all just so similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment